Westview (and other southwest neighborhoods in close proximity) won big in Creative Loafing’s 2017 “Best of Atlanta!”
The Good Hair Shop held its Grand Re-Opening after some brief downtime during upgrades.
The re-opened store features a new concept, extending their handmade, all-natural, eco-friendly and chemical free products into a customizable, bespoke experience. You can even have The Good Hair Shop team of ‘Curlologists’ mix custom blended products for you.
Check out photos from the opening soirée.
On Saturday, August 22 the Westview Community Organization hosted a fundraising party at Historic Fire Station #17 for the South Gordon Community Garden. As part of the fundraising efforts attendees were asked to donate a minimum of $50 for entry, which would include food and beverages, live DJ entertainment, and a silent auction.
Between the fundraising party and prior fundraising efforts via the GoFundMe campaign about 43% of the $10,000 goal has been reached.
The Westview Community Organization is holding a fundraiser to help raise money to pay for the recent purchase of the Westview Community Garden on South Gordon Street. A group of generous neighbors offered the community organization a loan to purchase the land. The sale is complete, so now we need to pay back the loan!
The fundraising event will feature a night of fun, including food, drinks, DJs and a silent art auction.
Our sponsors for the event are:
Sponsorship opportunities are available for your business starting with a $250 donation. Please contact us for more info.
- Ramon Rawsoul
- Earl the Third
SILENT ART AUCTION:
Artwork, gift certificates, and more.
- Hadley Breckenridge
- Kenneth Ellsworth
- Krista Clark
- Michael David Murphy
- Michael Jones
- Unspoken Word Designs
- Westview Sign Company
Gift Certificates and Products
- Alliance Theater – A pair of A Christmas Carol tickets
- Alliance Theater – A pair of tickets for any show
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra – A pair of tickets for any show
- Bell Street Burritos – Gift certificates
- Brick + Mortar – 1960s Rand McNally roll down Africa visual relief classroom map
- Issey Miyake – L’eau D’issey Florale Perfume
- Marc Jacobs – Leather Pouch
- Natori – Perfume for Women Eau De Parfum Spray
- NoMas Cantina – Margarita Pitcher and Glasses + Tapas for 2 at PocoMas Gift Card
- Mellow Mushroom – “Mellow Experience”: Gift bags with t-shirt, Mellow Mushroom gift certificate, and more
- Paleo Box – In-Home Gourmet Three-Course Dining Experience for Two
- The Good Hair Shop – Gift bag
- Westview Pizza Cafe – Three-Your-Way Pizzas
The silent art auction will end at 11:00pm. Please have your cards/checks/cash ready.
FOOD & DRINKS:
The following food and beverages will be available as part of your entry fee:
- Beef brisket by Char Wars
- Grilled chicken by Scott Smith
- Butternut squash soup, couscous with greens and herbs, and kale salad by Teena/Mystic Roots*
- Salad and blackberry apple cobbler by Westview Pizza Cafe
- Iced honey lavender tea and shiso mint tea by Andrea “LeLovebird”*
- Sweetwater 420
*Harvested from HABESHA’s gardens at the Dubar Center and Omenala Griot Museum.
Food and drinks will be available until supply runs out.
Minimum donation for entry is $50/person, and the fee includes music, food, and drinks, but please consider giving more! Please make your donation in advance to our GoFund me campaign and bring a print out of the receipt for the donation to gain entry. http://www.gofundme.com/
If you can’t attend we’d still appreciate a donation to our GoFundMe campaign: http://www.gofundme.com/WestviewGarden
HISTORY OF THE COMMUNITY GARDEN STORY:
Please read more about the community garden on our website:
The Westview Community Organization and The Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation present “Renters’ 101 Sip & Chat Series”
The Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation will discuss how to negotiate with a landlord to secure habitable and safe housing, the return of security deposits, or resolving landlord/tenant disputes, such as illegal evictions or damage to tenants’ property caused by landlords.
Info: (678) 964-5162
On Saturday, March 14, 2015, the Westview Village gained a new business – The Good Hair Shop. The Good Hair Shop opened up in style with a red carpet event, buffet spread, and DJ to welcome existing clients as well as Westview neighbors to their new location.
The Good Hair Shop specializes in heat free locs and natural hair styling, scalp treatments, and a variety of handmade clothes and organic holistic hair and body care products.
To see photos of the grand red carpet opening view the photo gallery below.