Westview (and other southwest neighborhoods in close proximity) won big in Creative Loafing’s 2017 “Best of Atlanta!”
On Saturday, August 22 the Westview Community Organization hosted a fundraising party at Historic Fire Station #17 for the South Gordon Community Garden. As part of the fundraising efforts attendees were asked to donate a minimum of $50 for entry, which would include food and beverages, live DJ entertainment, and a silent auction.
Between the fundraising party and prior fundraising efforts via the GoFundMe campaign about 43% of the $10,000 goal has been reached.
The Westview Community Organization is holding a fundraiser to help raise money to pay for the recent purchase of the Westview Community Garden on South Gordon Street. A group of generous neighbors offered the community organization a loan to purchase the land. The sale is complete, so now we need to pay back the loan!
The fundraising event will feature a night of fun, including food, drinks, DJs and a silent art auction.
Our sponsors for the event are:
Sponsorship opportunities are available for your business starting with a $250 donation. Please contact us for more info.
- Ramon Rawsoul
- Earl the Third
SILENT ART AUCTION:
Artwork, gift certificates, and more.
- Hadley Breckenridge
- Kenneth Ellsworth
- Krista Clark
- Michael David Murphy
- Michael Jones
- Unspoken Word Designs
- Westview Sign Company
Gift Certificates and Products
- Alliance Theater – A pair of A Christmas Carol tickets
- Alliance Theater – A pair of tickets for any show
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra – A pair of tickets for any show
- Bell Street Burritos – Gift certificates
- Brick + Mortar – 1960s Rand McNally roll down Africa visual relief classroom map
- Issey Miyake – L’eau D’issey Florale Perfume
- Marc Jacobs – Leather Pouch
- Natori – Perfume for Women Eau De Parfum Spray
- NoMas Cantina – Margarita Pitcher and Glasses + Tapas for 2 at PocoMas Gift Card
- Mellow Mushroom – “Mellow Experience”: Gift bags with t-shirt, Mellow Mushroom gift certificate, and more
- Paleo Box – In-Home Gourmet Three-Course Dining Experience for Two
- The Good Hair Shop – Gift bag
- Westview Pizza Cafe – Three-Your-Way Pizzas
The silent art auction will end at 11:00pm. Please have your cards/checks/cash ready.
FOOD & DRINKS:
The following food and beverages will be available as part of your entry fee:
- Beef brisket by Char Wars
- Grilled chicken by Scott Smith
- Butternut squash soup, couscous with greens and herbs, and kale salad by Teena/Mystic Roots*
- Salad and blackberry apple cobbler by Westview Pizza Cafe
- Iced honey lavender tea and shiso mint tea by Andrea “LeLovebird”*
- Sweetwater 420
*Harvested from HABESHA’s gardens at the Dubar Center and Omenala Griot Museum.
Food and drinks will be available until supply runs out.
Minimum donation for entry is $50/person, and the fee includes music, food, and drinks, but please consider giving more! Please make your donation in advance to our GoFund me campaign and bring a print out of the receipt for the donation to gain entry. http://www.gofundme.com/
If you can’t attend we’d still appreciate a donation to our GoFundMe campaign: http://www.gofundme.com/WestviewGarden
HISTORY OF THE COMMUNITY GARDEN STORY:
Please read more about the community garden on our website: