Enota Park – Call for Action
August 13, 2013
CALL FOR ACTION:
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
Do some or all, just make sure to do at least one!
1. COME TO THE MEETING
Most Important: Come to the August 19th meeting at 6:00pm at Atlanta City Hall. We all need to be there and bring someone with us. Please sign-up to speak. If for some reason you can’t make it, make sure someone goes in your place.
2. SIGN THE PETITION
Sign the online petition, and ask your friends to do the same. They don’t have to live in Westview to support us. If they live in the city, make sure they include their address and district when signing the petition so their City Council representative knows they support this vote.
3. WRITE A EMAIL/LETTER
Write a letter of support for the ordinance and send it to the Atlanta City Council by Friday.
City Council addresses:
4. CIRCULATE PETITION
Circulate the paper petition on your street. Give all petitions to Ayana by Sunday, August 18, 2013.
Call 1) your City Council Member and 2) the City Council members on the Community Development & Human Resources Committee. This is the committee who introduced the legislation. Ask for a “Yes” vote on this ordinance. Ask for their support in getting it passed. I.e. – we are asking them to do work behind the scenes to get their legislation passed.
City Council Members on the committee:
Joyce Sheperd (Chair, Comm Dev. & HR Committee Member) Phone: 404-330-6053
Cleta Winslow (Comm Dev. & HR Committee Member) 404-330-6047
Ivory Young (Comm Dev. & HR Committee Member) – 404-330-6046
Kwanzaa Hall (Comm Dev. & HR Committee Member) 404-330-6038
Lamar Willis (Comm Dev. & HR Committee Member) 404-333-6041
- Enota Park is the only new construction BeltLine park in our area. It was slated to be one of the first BeltLine parks built, but hasn’t in part because the City of Atlanta cannot acquire the property for various reasons including absentee property owners.
- The particular parcels impacted by this ordinance have no houses. It is vacant land adjacent to the Atlanta BeltLine corridor near Langhorn and I-20.
- The seven ordinances up for vote on Monday, August 19, will allow the city to acquire seven parcels by condemnation. The above map shows the parcels in burgundy.
- Enota Park is part of the Subarea 1 Atlanta BeltLine Master Plan created with the input of many district residents and community stakeholders. It is also part of the Westview Master Plan developed by community residents and approved by the city.
- The City of Atlanta and the Atlanta BeltLine have been working for a number of years to secure the land needed to build Enota Park.
- Ordinance (PDF)
- Map of Affected Parcels (PDF)
- Atlanta BeltLine Subarea 1 Master Plan (PDF)
- Westview Master Plan (PDF)
Tags: atlanta beltline, beltline, call to action, development, enota park, park, petition, southwest atlanta, wco, westview, westview community organization