Source: Atlanta BeltLine
Date: Saturday, July 14, 2012
Time: 7:30am to 10:00am
Location: Gordon-White Park, 1350 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30310
Details: The second annual Atlanta BeltLine Southwest 5K will take racers through Westview and West End. All the details can be found at http://beltline.org/events/atlanta-beltline-southwest-5k/
Date: Thursday, April 19, 2012
Time: 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Location: SPACE Atlanta, 1310 White Street, Atlanta, GA 30310
Details: A mix and migle fundraising event for the ‘Westview Neighbor’ newsletter. The evening will feature live entertainment by Andy Cain Griffen Jr., a silent auction, and a book sale/signing with author/poet/songstress Valerie Jean Respess.
The Atlanta BeltLine organized a 5K race through the West End and Westview neighborhoods. An after-party and awards ceremony took place at Space and featured Westview band Bated Breath for entertainment.
To view more photos from the BeltLine Southwest 5K please visit our Westview Facebook page.
The Atlanta BeltLine Southwest 5K Run/Walk is July 16, 2011 – sign up today and reserve your spot alongside the Atlanta Police and Fire Departments, as well as some of your favorite media personalities who will be participating in the event.
The Atlanta BeltLine Southwest 5K is a Run/Walk along the Atlanta BeltLine Southwest Trail and through the historic West End and Westview neighborhoods. The race course will introduce participants to many local parks and features a ¾-mile off-road jaunt within the Atlanta BeltLine corridor. It is the second 5K of the Atlanta BeltLine Running Series!
Stick around after the run/walk for food and additional activities, including presentation of awards designed by SCAD students, food stations prepared by Chef Joe Rickerson, famed chef and manager for Clarence Fosters, Abby, The Mansion, La Tour and more at Space Atlanta.
When: Saturday, July 16th – Kick off is at 7:30am so get there early!
Start: Rose Circle Park, 914 Rose Circle SW, Atlanta, 30310
Finish: White Street near Lawton
- Post race activities will be at SPACE Atlanta
- Live entertainment
- Police and Fire persons race competition
- Post-Race nourishment provided by Coca Cola and French Gourmet, fabulous Danishes and croissants and banana’s from Trader Joes; free Trader Joes’ grocery bag that can be taken home
- Food Stations: $2 Health station to include Brown Rice Stir Fry, Mixed Green Salad and a $5 BBQ station to include Smoked Chicken with grilled vegetables
- Awards will be given to overall female/male. Top female/male in each age category: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, and 60 & over
Register and More Info: Read more…