Pathway Christian Church, Calvary United Methodist Church, the John Perdew Legacy Project, and the Westview Community Organization work in collaboration on a weekly lunch open to all persons in the community, focused on providing a meal for those in need. On November 26, 2014 a special Thanksgiving meal was served.
Video Credit: Etoria Cheeks
Help Spread Holiday Cheer!
The Westview Youth Committee will be collecting items for children that may not receive presents otherwise for the holidays.
If you are aware of children that are in need of presents please send the child’s name, parent’s name and contact information to email@example.com as soon as possible!
- We will be setting up an “angel tree” at The Big Apple Inn (1542 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd, Atlanta, GA 30310) where you can pick up a ticket with a child’s name and need between December 10-20, 2013.
- Items that will be collected are children’s clothing (all sizes), toys, shoes and outwear (hats, gloves, coats and scarves).
- We will be collecting wrapped items at the Westview Holiday Dinner on December 14, 2013 at 1:00pm. Dinner will be held at Fire Station 17 (1489 Ralph D. Abernathy Boulevard SW).
- The cut off for dropping off wrapped items will be December 20, 2013. Items can be dropped off at 1606 South Gordon St.
- We will also need volunteers to help drop off presents on December 22 from 3:00-5:00pm and December 23 from 5:00-7:00pm. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.
Every year the Westview Community Organization strives to help those in need around Thanksgiving time. For last year’s Thanksgiving neighbors donated personal care items that were given to a women’s shelter. In years prior to that the organization participated in providing food for a Thanksgiving meal for the seniors at The Atrium at CollegeTown.
This year the Westview Community Organization partnered with The Big Apple Inn to put together Thanksgiving food baskets for those in need of a helping hand. Thanks to all the generous donations four boxes of food items were collected and will be distributed via the Youth of Westview program.
The Westview Community Organization and The Big Apple Inn would like to thank all the neighbors, good Samaritans, and Westview businesses who donated towards this cause.
The Westview Community Organization is partnering with NPU-T and Morehouse College to make Thanksgiving baskets for those in need. Rather than the usual food baskets, Westview members have committed to creating toiletry baskets for a nearby shelter.
Residents came together to donate shampoo, detergent, toothbrushes, lotion, and more. The contributions have been fantastic, and the WCO would like to thank all those neighbors who contributed and helped to make this holiday season a more memorable one for those in need.