Thanks to all those who paid their Westview Community Organization dues during the March Membership Drive. The most dues were collected in the section of the neighborhood that includes South Gordon, Westwood, Rogers, Willard, Manson and Akridge – congratulations, you have won a block party! (Although everyone is welcome to attend.) Please stay tuned for details about the block party.
None the less, it is never too late to join and support the Westview Community Organization! It’s easy to pay dues online with PayPal. Annual dues are only $20 and support ongoing projects, including:
- Westview Summer Solstice Celebration – Summer festival with a grill-off, music, artist market, and fun games for the kids.
- Third Thursday Pizza Night – Mingle with neighbors, new and old, every third Thursday of the month while munching on pizza at Westview Pizza Café.
- National Night Out – “America’s Night Out Against Crime”
- South Gordon Community Garden – Join neighbors on Saturdays from 10am-2pm to tend to vegetables and fruit.
- Landscaping & Beautification – Maintaining the landscaped traffic islands throughout the neighborhood and other beautification projects.
- Stokes Avenue Pocket Park – Upkeep and socializing at the community pocket park.
- Historical Research – Ongoing historical research about the Westview neighborhood.
- Youth Programs – Sponsor of Southwest Atlanta Youth Empowerment Camp and other youth activities.
- Newsletter – Printing and delivery to keep neighbors informed.
The Westview Community Organization is having it’s annual dues drive to raise money for projects this year. The dues have been reduced to $20 per household. Even if you don’t attend meetings your donation would be greatly appreciated as it goes to support community sponsored projects, events, etc. You can pay online via PayPal, so it’s really quick and easy. The goal is to have a minimum of 50 paid members this year, so please ask your neighbors that aren’t online to help out. Thanks in advance!
About Westview Community Organization Activities
Your Westview Community Organization Executive Committee and neighbors are actively involved in maintaining the neighborhood garden, sponsoring clean up days, representing the neighborhood at NPU-T meetings and having a voice at city hall. Your membership in the Westview Community Organization helps sponsor ongoing community efforts including:
Westview Community Organization members can pay annual dues in person (cash or check) at meetings or online (credit card). The annual fee per household is $20.00.
You can also mail your check payable to “Westview Community Organization” to:
Westview Community Organization
1540 Rogers Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30310
The Westview Community Organization is currently hosting its 2012 dues drive. Dues are $60 per household for the year, or $24 per senior household for the year. When you pay your dues in full during January you will receive one Westview t-shirt!
You can bring a check payable to the “Westview Community Organization” to the January WCO meeting. If you can’t make it to the meeting you can arrange to drop the check off by emailing email@example.com or pay online via PayPal.
Dues go to a wide variety of activities designed to improve the quality of life in the neighborhood, so your contribution is greatly appreciated.
Here are just a few things the members of the Westview Community Organization did in 2011:
- Organized neighborhood clean-ups
- Planted seasonal plantings in the traffic triangles
- Worked with Trees Atlanta to plant trees throughout the neighborhood
- Organized Thanksgiving baskets for the women’s shelter
- Continued to develop the community garden
- Developed a program for the neighborhood children
- Hosted National Night Out
- Completed a master plan for the neighborhood
- Hosted the Summer Solstice Celebration
- Organized an open house event
- Worked with the police on public safety issues
- Acquired land to create a new pocket park
- Partnered with Code Enforcement and non-profits to demolish dilapidated houses