9th Annual Summer Solstice Celebration
What better way to spend the height of summer than at the 9th Annual Westview Summer Solstice Celebration on Saturday, June 11th, 2016 from 12:00pm-8:00pm! Come hang out for an afternoon full of fun activities for the whole family and support our little neighborhood!
We are still busy before releasing all of the details, but in the meanwhile you can…
Information about the day’s events:
- Grill-Off Competition – Sign up to participate in the grill-off competition
- Grill-Off Passports – Purchase a “passport” to taste the grill-off food
- Art/Vendor Market – Sign up to participate in the artist market
- Pet Costume Parade – New in 2016 – the pet parade
- Sponsorship – Vecome a sponsor for the 2016 Westview Summer Solstice Celebration
- Donate – Donate money towards the event
- Photos – Check out photos from prior years!
Do you have what it takes to prove you make the “Best BBQ on the BeltLine?” Sign up to participate in the grill-off competition!
How much does it cost to participate in the grill-off?
The cost is $55.00 until May 28, 2016, and late registration $65.00 thereafter until June 6, 2016. Your team will be responsible for supplying your meat for the grill-off competition.
What’s in it for me?
- Up to $100 in prizes for the grill-off winners
- Bragging rights that your neighborhood/restaurant/chef is the best in southwest Atlanta (in 2016)
- Your name/logo/website on our website and promotional materials
- Feeling good about participating in a community-building event
What type of food will we be cooking?
The grill-off categories are chicken (whole chickens) and pork (pork butt for pulled pork).
Will food be supplied?
It will be responsibility of each contestant to supply their own food. The Westview Community Organization will supply the tasting/sample trays for the competition.
Will you supply grills and tables?
We ask that you bring your own grill, table, equipment, etc.
How do I pay my grill-off fee?
Visit our EventBrite page.
What is the deadline to sign up and pay for my space?
The deadline is Monday, June 6, 2016.
Will I get a refund if I don’t show up or if it rains?
This event is rain or shine. No refunds will be given if you have paid the fee but are not able to make it to the event.
Are you ready to sample a taste of southwest Atlanta? Our “Best BBQ on the BeltLine” grill-off “passport” will allow you to sample the different foods from the participating grill-off contestants. In prior years there was so much food most people were too full to taste everything – what a deal! Once you have tasted all the different categories submit your vote for “the best of…”.
- Adair Park Pit Posse – Pork
- Ashview Heights Peach Bourbon BBQ – Pork
- Johnnie C’s – Chicken & Pork
- Kings of the Manor
- Q on The Corner – Chicken & Pork
- The Tax People – Chicken & Pork
Early Bird Special before May 13, 2016: $7
After May 13, 2016: $10
Please read carefully before submitting an application.
This event is possible thanks to the courtesy of the Westview Community Organization.
- The application fee is $85.00 for non-food vendors & $125.00 for food vendors and is due no later than Friday, May 28, 2016. Thereafter the fee is $95.00 for non-food vendors & $135.00 for food vendors through Saturday, June 4, 2016.
- Accepted genres of art considered are visual artists, sculptors, ceramics, woodworking, handmade/original jewelry or accessories, independent apparel designers & crafters of skin care products & urban farms. At this time we are not accepting any mass produced, counterfeit, direct selling/multi-marketing companies. Please be sure the items sold fit into our accepted genres as we will not provide refunds once payment has been made. If in doubt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.
- Set up time for vendors 10:00am – 12:30pm. Vendors will not be permitted to set up after 12:30pm. Anyone arriving after 12:30pm will not be permitted to participate & payments will not be refunded. Break down of booths may begin promptly at 7:00pm. No early breakdown will be permitted.
- Food Vendors must set-up in keeping with Fulton County Health Department requirements. All grease must be properly disposed of or vendor will be immediately ejected from the event.
- Booth Spaces are a 10×10 space. Tents are permitted. Exhibitors may not share booth spaces nor may they sublet space to anyone else. Artists may only exhibit work in the category in which they applied. Items misrepresenting works presented at time of application are subject to immediate dismissal from the show.
- Booth structure and displays must not exceed limits of assigned space. Construction of booth & displays must be appropriate and be able to withstand inclement weather and crowd activity.
- You must use weights to anchor your booths down.
- Cartons or boxes must be kept out of view. Exhibitors are responsible for keeping booth space clean, safe & secure. Exhibits and materials contained within the assigned booth space and cannot be extended.
- ELECTRICITY IS NOT PROVIDED. Generators are permitted. Power cords must be taped down.
- Exhibitors will cause no noise which can be heard beyond the perimeters of their own exhibitor space. This noise includes but is not limited to music (recorded or live demonstrations) or motivational tapes.
- Transactions, including collection of Georgia Sales Tax, are the responsibility of the participant.
- The Westview Summer Solstice & the Westview Community Organization will not held liable or responsible for any injuries or loss of merchandise occurring during the Summer Solstice.
*New in 2016*
Each pet participating must pay $10.00 to walk in parade. Parade will begin promptly at 3:00pm. Participants must check in no later than 2:15pm. All fees are non refundable.
A big THANK YOU to the sponsors that help make this event happen:
- The Kim King Foundation – Kids Zone & Sensory-Friendly Kids Zone Sponsor
- The Mayor’s Office of Constituent Services
- Westview Studios & Lofts
- Councilmember Andre Dickens (Post 3-at-Large)
- Councilmember C. T. Martin (District 10
- Councilmember Mary Norwood (Post 2-at-Large) – Kids Zone Sponsor
- Councilmember Cleta Winslow (District 4)
- Senator Vincent Fort
- Unspoken Word Designs
- Westview Realty Partners
Please email us at email@example.com for sponsorship opportunities or submit a donation via PayPal below.